Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Michael Sparer <mi...@gmx.at> on 2008/02/28 12:21:05 UTC

Submitting an ajaxform with multipart/form-data

Hi,

it's a known limitation that one cannot submit an ajaxform with multipart
enabled. but as i'd like to upload files without reloading the page i've
been looking for an elegant solution for this problem.
a possible solution (it's even called an AJAX-pattern) is to post the form
data to a hidden inlineframe (iframe) and let the iframe submit the form.
but passing the values to the iframe, let the iframe submit the values, get
the state of the upload from the iframe and displaying results in the
regular form would result in a fair hack.

my question: has anybody a better solution to go about this problem or has
anyone any experience with the above scenario using an iframe? maybe wicket
already offers an easy way to do this that i haven't found yet?

regards,
Michael

-----
Michael Sparer
http://talk-on-tech.blogspot.com

Re: Submitting an ajaxform with multipart/form-data

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
iirc wicket-extensions has a multi file upload that does this, and the
ajax file upload progress bar in extensions should work as advertised.

Martijn

On 2/28/08, Michael Sparer <mi...@gmx.at> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  it's a known limitation that one cannot submit an ajaxform with multipart
>  enabled. but as i'd like to upload files without reloading the page i've
>  been looking for an elegant solution for this problem.
>  a possible solution (it's even called an AJAX-pattern) is to post the form
>  data to a hidden inlineframe (iframe) and let the iframe submit the form.
>  but passing the values to the iframe, let the iframe submit the values, get
>  the state of the upload from the iframe and displaying results in the
>  regular form would result in a fair hack.
>
>  my question: has anybody a better solution to go about this problem or has
>  anyone any experience with the above scenario using an iframe? maybe wicket
>  already offers an easy way to do this that i haven't found yet?
>
>  regards,
>  Michael
>
>  -----
>  Michael Sparer