Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Taylor, Richard" <Ri...@bskyb.com> on 2001/04/04 16:15:16 UTC

ClassNotFound from lib in a webapp

Hi,

I'm running Tomcat 3.2.1 (as NT service), Apache 1.3.17 (mod_jk), JDK1.3,
(and JBoss but thats not related)

I'm coming across this problem time and time again and am wondering if all
will be solved if I move to Tomcat 4.x.  If there is a solution/explanation
please let me know.

I am deploying my webapps with all the libraries required in the lib
directory (as per the spec).

When running servlets (generally when I am making EJB references) I get
ClassNotFound exceptions.  However there are some classes being found that
only reside in one of these jars.

When I add the offending jars from the lib directory into the tomcat
classpath (via wrapper.properties) then all is well.

Thanks (hopefully),

Richard.