Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Elan Palani <el...@kaybus.com> on 2014/12/17 00:07:18 UTC

Solr Node Resource allocation.

Hello..

Let’s assume I have a SolrCloud with 10 node cluster . most of the time I want to New collection created with 2 shards and 2 replicas on (4 different nodes)
 using CloudSolrServer we could randomly find the nodes to allocate. but Is there a way to pick and choose the set of nodes based on
their resource usage/allocation. (CPU,MEM,Disk, Collection Size, #of Doc’s etc.) . Any suggestions or tools available?

Basically I am trying to identify the least used nodes for creating cores with some rules..

Thanks in Advance.

Elan

Re: Solr Node Resource allocation.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Identifying the "lease used" cores... no tools integrated with Solr
that I know of.

But once you do figure out what machines to use, the collections API CREATE
command has a createNodeSet which will put the new collection on the
specified nodes.

And the ADDREPLICA command also allows you to specify a node parameter when you
add one.

Best,
Erick