Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Minh Kama Yie <mi...@deepforest.com.au> on 2003/03/31 16:47:24 UTC

Redirecting to URL in virtual host declaration in server.xml

Hi all,

My apologies if this has been addressed but I've combed both the mailing list archives and the web for something similar without any luck.

My question concerns redirecting requests to a virtual host to a specified url soley using tomcat.

I am currently running Apache with Tomcat 4.1.18, and have the following declaration in my httpd.conf

<VirtualHost _default_>
ServerName www.mysite.com.au
Redirect / http://www.yoursite.com.au/yourpage.jsp
</VirtualHost>

I'd like to remove Apache from the equation altogether, but can't seem to replicate the "Redirect" functionality in my virtual host declarations in my tomcat's server.xml.

I could almost swear I'm missing something obvious, anyone have any ideas? Should I be looking at the web.xml level instead?

Many thanks in advance

Minh