Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Fabiano C. de Oliveira" <fa...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/07 18:11:16 UTC

NPE in HttpServiceManager

Hi all,

I would like of your help.

Im using CXF DOSGi in my project but I found a problem. This problem is not
in CXF but I think that some changes in CXF DOSGi
could help me.

Im using Spring DM to manage dependencies. I only register a service when
org.osgi.service.http.HttpService is satisfied.

When TopologyManagerExport receive events to register and export my remote
interface (soap or rest) I can get a null
from HttpServiceManager.getHttpService(). Because I have 3 threads (1
firing events of registered HttpService, 1 Running Applicaction context
initialization (Spring DM) and the TopologyManagerExport thread resposable
to export DOSGi interfaces)

In this case I think that we coul use the code below to resolve this in
HttpServiceManager:
    protected HttpService getHttpService() {
        Object service = null;
        try {
            service = tracker.waitForService(120000);
        } catch (InterruptedException ex) {
            LOG.warn("waitForService interrupeted", ex);
        }
        if (service == null) {
            throw new RuntimeException("No HTTPService found");
        }
        return (HttpService) service;
    }

What do you think ?