Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jettro Coenradie <je...@cgey.nl> on 2003/06/02 11:05:03 UTC

Re: [Checkstyle] Plugin now supports checkstyle 3.1

Maybe I am stupid, nut I want to try the new plug-in, however, I do not know
how to do it. Isn't downloading the files from cvs (there are no sources)
and do a maven plugin:deploy enough? SHould I alter the project.xml file?

Help would be very nice

greetings Jettro Coenradie

>>> vmassol@pivolis.com 05/30/03 03:21pm >>>
Hi,

I've just rewritten the checkstyle plugin to support checkstyle 3.1. Can
you please try it and report any error so that I can fix them quickly.

Note: I have tried to convert the existing check sets for turbine and
avalon into the new checkstyle XML format (the sun conventions was easy
as it is provided by checkstyle itself in its distribution). I've done
it slowly and painstakingly for turbine but I've done it very quickly
for Avalon and I know I have probably broken some checks (hence the
reason I'm cross-posting to the Avalon list - Please respond here).

Thanks
-Vincent

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and
is the property of the Cap Gemini Ernst & Young Group. It is only intended
for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy disseminate,
distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies
of this message.

RE: [Checkstyle] Plugin now supports checkstyle 3.1

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

The new plugin has *not* been released. It is only in Maven CVS so you
can only use with Maven 1.0 beta 10 that you build from CVS. The steps
are quite easy:

1/ perform a CVS checkout of Maven
2/ run "ant -f build-bootstrap.xml"

That's all (see http://maven.apache.org/start/bootstrap.html for
details).

Hope it helps,
-Vincent

> Help would be very nice
>
> greetings Jettro Coenradie

> Hi,
>
> I've just rewritten the checkstyle plugin to support checkstyle 3.1.
Can
> you please try it and report any error so that I can fix them quickly.
>
> Note: I have tried to convert the existing check sets for turbine and
> avalon into the new checkstyle XML format (the sun conventions was
easy
> as it is provided by checkstyle itself in its distribution). I've done
> it slowly and painstakingly for turbine but I've done it very quickly
> for Avalon and I know I have probably broken some checks (hence the
> reason I'm cross-posting to the Avalon list - Please respond here).
>
> Thanks
> -Vincent

**