Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ar...@us.hsbc.com on 2005/07/21 14:02:05 UTC

name of final jar file

Hi,

As you know, Maven appends the version with the name of the final JAR
during building.  We need to get rid of the version part and have the JARS
retain their original name.
Any suggestions with example?

Arun

 errors or omissions.

Re: name of final jar file

Posted by Nicolas Chalumeau <ni...@gmail.com>.
You can use maven.jar.final.name to redefine the jar name

Nicolas

Re: name of final jar file

Posted by Gisbert Amm <gi...@webde-ag.de>.
maven.jar.final.name=test.jar ?

Regards,
Gisbert Amm

Arun.Mehta@us.hsbc.com wrote:
> If I put     maven.final.name=test                      in
> project.properties. And in project.xml I leave the following tag as shown:
> <currentVersion></currentVersion>
>
> then output which gets created is test-.jar
>

> How to get rid of "dash"  -    ?
>
> thanks,
> Arun
>

> "Michael Owen" <mi...@hotmail.com>
> 07/21/05 08:11 AM
> Please respond to
> "Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>

> users@maven.apache.org
> cc
>
> Subject
> RE: name of final jar file
>

> You can set a property which changes the final name. i.e.:
>
> maven.final.name=test
>
> The jar file made through "maven jar:jar" will then be named test.jar
>
> Mike
>
> P.S This is for maven 1 not maven 2

> Users List&quot; &lt;users@maven.apache.org&gt;<br>&gt;To:
> users@maven.apache.org<br>&gt;Subject: name of final jar file<br>&gt;Date:

> know, Maven appends the version with the name of the final
> JAR<br>&gt;during
> building.  We need to get rid of the version part and have the
> JARS<br>&gt;retain their original name.<br>&gt;Any suggestions with
>
>   This E-mail is confidential. It may also be legally privileged. If
> you<br>&gt;  are not the addressee you may not copy, forward, disclose or
> use any<br>&gt;  part of it. If you have received this message in error,
> please delete<br>&gt;  it and all copies from your system and notify the
> communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure,<br>&gt;  error
> or
> virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any<br>&gt;  errors
> or
> omissions.<br>&gt;***********************************************************************<br>

> This message originated from the Internet.  Its originator may or
> may not be who they claim to be and the information contained in
> the message and any attachments may or may not be accurate.

RE: name of final jar file

Posted by Ar...@us.hsbc.com.

RE: name of final jar file

Posted by Michael Owen <mi...@hotmail.com>.
You can set a property which changes the final name. i.e.:

maven.final.name=test

The jar file made through "maven jar:jar" will then be named test.jar

Mike

P.S This is for maven 1 not maven 2

Users List&quot; &lt;users@maven.apache.org&gt;<br>&gt;To:
users@maven.apache.org<br>&gt;Subject: name of final jar file<br>&gt;Date:
know, Maven appends the version with the name of the final JAR<br>&gt;during