Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Zubair <zu...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/03 20:14:07 UTC

Installing PDFBox on AIX and using the PDFMerger CLU

H,

Can the PDFBox be installed on AIX ? If yes how can it be done ?

Also I need to run the PDFMerger via the command line/shell script. Can I
do something like this on an AIX server ?

Thanks and Regards,
Zubair || zubair.mohammed@gmail.com

Re: Installing PDFBox on AIX and using the PDFMerger CLU

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Am 03.04.2013 20:14, schrieb Zubair:
> H,
>
> Can the PDFBox be installed on AIX ? If yes how can it be done ?
Hmmm, PDFBox isn't an application coming along with an installer. It's
just a java based library to deal with pdfs including some more or less
simple command line tools.

> Also I need to run the PDFMerger via the command line/shell script. Can I
> do something like this on an AIX server ?
Install a java runtime environment (at least >= 1.5.x). Download and "install"
the most recent version of PDFBox [1] (precompiled binary pdfbox-app-1.x.jar)
and run PDFMerger as described here [2]

> Thanks and Regards,
> Zubair || zubair.mohammed@gmail.com

BR