Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/24 16:05:45 UTC

Projects with small community

Hi all,

together with a friend I am running a small project with a small community.
Its already dependent to Apache log4php. Since Zeta Components entered the
incubator we have the strong feeling that Zeta will help us one many
corners. In other terms, we want to make our project dependent to Zeta. We
have some classes ready which also might fit better to Zeta than to our
webframework.

That being said it makes much sense to us to bring the webframework to
Apache. I already discussed it for a while because its very similar to
Cocoon. There was not too much interest and so we didn't go the next steps.

However we think again that Piwi should go into the incubator because there
could be a good interaction with the Zeta project. But there is still the
problem with the small community. As member i could serve as a champion, as
member and committer. But I am not sure if that is breaking thousands of
rules :-) Labs is unfortunatley no option for us because Daniel is not an
apache committer and we already have releases.

OK - would be interested if such a proposal makes sense with only two
committers, one of them being champion at the same time.

Best regards,
Christian

Re: Projects with small community

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There are a few Incubator projects that have small communities. I see
> no problem with trying it. You could certainly get some better
> visibility here, in order to grow your community.

Being one participating in some of these projects with small communities, +1...
Be aware that this will most likely result in a lengthy incubation period.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: Projects with small community

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
There are a few Incubator projects that have small communities. I see
no problem with trying it. You could certainly get some better
visibility here, in order to grow your community.

Cheers,
-g