Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ciaran Hanley <ci...@sentenial.ie> on 2004/01/27 19:56:44 UTC

Problems Redirecting To Input Page After Vaildation Fails

Hello can anybody help me with this problem I'm having please?

I am using the same action to perform two functions

<action path="/clientaction"
        type="ie.sentenial.application.actions.ClientAction"
        name="clientForm"
        scope="request"
        input="/pages/addClient.jsp"
        attribute="clientForm" >
</action>

This is called as follows from 2 different forms:

onsubmit="return validateClientForm(this)">

and

onsubmit="return validateClientForm(this)">

The problem is that because I have

        input="/pages/addClient.jsp"

...that when a validation fails while doing an update it is directed
back to the addClient.jsp rather than the updateClient.jsp
As far as I know the input field will not take dynamic values. I am not
sure how to resolve this problem. I need to be directed back to the
correct page when validations fail

Thanks
Ciaran