Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com> on 2009/10/14 16:01:03 UTC

Solr 1.4 release candidate

Folks, we've been in code freeze since Monday and a test release
candidate was created yesterday, however it already had to be updated
last night due to a serious bug found in Lucene.

For now you can use the latest nightly build to get any recent changes
like this:
http://people.apache.org/builds/lucene/solr/nightly/

We'll probably release the final bits next week, so in the meantime,
download the latest nightly build and give it a spin!

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: Solr 1.4 release candidate

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
FYI, the latest nightly includes more lucene bug fixes targeted toward
Lucene 2.9.1
The (current) full list is here:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/branches/lucene_2_9/CHANGES.txt?view=markup&pathrev=826563

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Joe Calderon <ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> maybe im just not familiar with the way the version numbers works in
> trunk but when i build the latest nightly the jars have names like
> *-1.5-dev.jar,  is that normal?

Looks like Grant switched the version number a little early - nothing
to worry about though.
When we build official releases, we explicitly specify the version
number anyway.

Posted by Joe Calderon <ca...@gmail.com>.