Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by ch...@zv.fraunhofer.de on 2019/09/04 14:19:59 UTC

SolidFire CloudStack 4.11.3 and VMWare 6.5

Hi,
we are currently doing a PoC with SolidFire and CloudStack and trying to figure out if it’s a fitting solution for our use cases.

But I am stuck at the point when CloudStack tries to create a VM on the solid fire storage.
I can see that it has already copied the template to a SolidFire Volume but then the error message "Not all hosts in the compute cluster support iSCSI.” appears in the logs.

On the ESXi I have created a iSCSI HBA and attached it to a VMKernel adapter, is there anything else to do?
Is there any documentation for the setup? I have only found the youtube videos by Mike, but they does not focus on the vsphere setup part.

Regards Christian

Re: SolidFire CloudStack 4.11.3 and VMWare 6.5

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christian,

there is an old page here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Storage+Configuration+Guide

It seems that you would create iSCSI HBA  and add datastore via vCenter,
later you add Primary Storage to ASC, by choosing "vmfs" as the protocol.

Check the thing that Mike mentioned, and double-check if you did not skip
some host for iSCSI HBA configuration.

Andrija

--

Andrija Panić

SolidFire CloudStack 4.11.3 and VMWare 6.5

Posted by "Tutkowski, Mike" <Mi...@netapp.com>.