Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com> on 2014/05/20 17:03:43 UTC

[DOCS] Administration Guide Formating Cleanup

Hey All,
I plan to work on cleaning up the formatting of the documentation files in
the Administration Guide today.  I am not going to change any content and I
am note (yet) going to split any more files.  I am going to just do a once
over on as many docs as I can get through to clean up all of the ugly
formatting that resulted from the import.  This will make the docs a little
easier to work in.

I will check and see if there is an issue open for this already.  If not, I
don't mind creating an issue for it and applying my pull request to that
issue.

If you have feedback for me, let me know.

I am intentionally not changing any content because they would get lost in
the formatting changes.

Cheers,

Will

Re: [DOCS] Administration Guide Formating Cleanup

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.
I have finished my first pass which cleans up pretty much all of the
formatting.  Here is the PR:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-docs-admin/pull/12

I have been using this mechanism for syncing my fork:
https://help.github.com/articles/syncing-a-fork

Should I be using rebase and squashed commits instead?  I am pretty sure my
commits will merge cleanly with the approach I am using, but it is possible
that the 'merged upstream/master' commits will show up in your tree this
way.  I am pretty comfortable with git, so if you want me to do this a
different way I can easily adapt.

Cheers,

Will

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.