Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Ryan, Cora" <Co...@irishlife.ie> on 2007/03/27 16:45:37 UTC

[Axis2] Axis2 1.1.1 and Rampart 1.1

Hi

I am trying to configure the Rampart 1.1 module with axis2 version
1.1.1. I have copied the examples supplied with Rampart but I am having
trouble with Sample 02 which is a simple UserNameToken test to
authenticate a user.

The Password callback handler class seems to be called correctly and the
authentication passes but then I am getting a ClassCastException wrapped
in an Axisfault as follows:

Caused by: java.lang.Exception: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: null; nested
exception is:

      java.lang.ClassCastException

      at
org.apache.rampart.handler.WSDoAllReceiver.processMessage(WSDoAllReceive
r.java:100)

      at
org.apache.rampart.handler.WSDoAllHandler.invoke(WSDoAllHandler.java:74)

      at org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invoke(Phase.java:382)

I am pretty sure that I have the set up JARS configured correctly i.e.
replaced the axiom-api, axiom-dom and axiom-impl jar files in the
axis2-home/lib. Has anyone expericed this kind of error before?

I now that there was a resolved ClassCastException issue before
associated with the generation of an AxisFault using the SoapFaultCode
attribute, and a suggested solution was to use SOAP12 instead of SOAP11.
I don't know if my issue above is the same issue as resolved before. If
so how do I change from using SOAP11 to SOAP12?

Many thanks,

Cora

--
This is a confidential communication and is intended only for the addressee indicated in the message (or duly authorised to be responsible for the delivery of the message to such person). You are specifically prohibited from copying this message or delivering the same, or any part thereof, to any other person, whomsoever or howsoever, unless you receive written authorisation from us to do.

If you are anyone other than the intended addressee, or person duly authorised and responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended addressee, you should destroy this message and notify us immediately.

Please note that we accept no responsibility whatsoever in the event that this message or any other email message or any part thereof becomes known or is communicated to anyone other than the intended recipient or other person authorised in writing by us to receive it, howsoever arising and disclaim all liability for any losses or damage which may be sustained by any person as a result thereof.

Irish Life Assurance plc (trading as Irish Life) is regulated by the Financial Regulator.

"Irish Life" is a member of the Irish Life and Permanent plc group. Irish Life Assurance plc is a company registered in Ireland. Registered office is situated at Irish Life Centre, Lower Abbey Street, Dublin 1. Registered Number 152576.