Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by bob swanson <bo...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/12 21:41:19 UTC

JPX ImageWriter

Thanks for the suggestion! Additional JAR put in classpath.

Got everything except JPX files, with errors:

Jun 12, 2017 3:37:11 PM org.apache.pdfbox.tools.imageio.ImageIOUtil writeImage
SEVERE: No ImageWriter found for 'jpx' format

Where do I go from there?

Again, many thanks for all the helpful suggestions.

Bob Swanson

Re: Extraction of JPX Files

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 15.06.2017 um 17:57 schrieb Tilman Hausherr:
> Am 15.06.2017 um 17:51 schrieb bob swanson:
>> Got the jar, and it worked fine. The "JPX" files
>> had a .png suffix, but that is no problem for
>> me.
>
> Glad it works now, and sorry again that I thought it's a config problem.
>
> I'm planning to support the "-directJPEG"  option, they would then be
> saved 1:1 (without decoding) as .JP2 files (or whatever extension is
> recognized by irfanview, .JPX isn't). Just set yourself as a watcher on
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-3829 .

Done!

Tilman

Re: Extraction of JPX Files

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.

re: Extraction of JPX Files

JAI Not Extracting JPX Format

Posted by bob swanson <bo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks! I'll download a jar
and see what happens.

Re: JPX Extraction Issues

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.

snapshot here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/pdfbox/pdfbox-app/2.0.7-SNAPSHOT/

must be number 61 or higher. Might take some time until it's there.

Tilman

Re: JPX Extraction Issues

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.

JPX Extraction Issues

Posted by bob swanson <bo...@gmail.com>.
I still cannot get it to work. I don't know what I'm
doing wrong. Can anyone look at my problem?

I have uploaded a bundle of files to:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/z204l4e06jti2j7/JPX.zip

There is a README file in the bundle.

Many thanks to everyone who is involved
with maintaining this excellent product.

Bob Swanson

Re: JPX ImageWriter

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 12.06.2017 um 23:41 schrieb bob swanson:
> Thanks for the suggestion! Additional JAR put in classpath.
>
> Got everything except JPX files, with errors:
>
> Jun 12, 2017 3:37:11 PM org.apache.pdfbox.tools.imageio.ImageIOUtil writeImage
> SEVERE: No ImageWriter found for 'jpx' format

That should work with the jai-imageio-jpeg2000-1.3.0.jar file that you
mentioned earlier. Could it be that you removed it?

Tilman