Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Geralyn M Hollerman <gm...@louisiana.edu> on 2003/07/02 16:32:58 UTC

connection pooling - how to verify it's in use

I have a question about connection pooling I can't seem to answer after
reading the Tomcat FAQ or either JNDI HOW-TO. I'm using TC 4.1.24 and
have followed all the instructions on setting up a connection pool thru
Tomcat for an application (this one uses an EDBC driver) - and I can see
how I can verify that it gets a connection to the database. But I'm not
sure just how to tell that it's using a connection pool(I've been known
to screw-up in reverse); is there some setting in server.xml that would
allow me to see that the connections are using a pool?

Thanks!
--
Lynn Hollerman.

Re: connection pooling - how to verify it's in use

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
Nope :(  (It's on my wish list too)

But DBCP is used as the connection pooling machanism. So when you get your
datasource - just cast it the the appropriate DBCP class and get your stats.

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/

-Tim

Posted by Christopher Prince <cp...@interbaun.com>.
I had a problem like this.  I had an application that didn't use connection
pooling and i was converting it over.
In Windows is used the netstat command with the auto repeat option.  It
shows all of the active network connections
and i watched the list et shorter as components where switched over.

hope this helps