Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Ma...@itcinfotech.com on 2014/09/16 14:05:07 UTC

Configuring flume agent dynamically from java code

Hi Flume developers,

I have an use-case where in I need to configure the flume agent dynamically/programmatically via Java and start the flume agent. Note that these agent configuration details will be fed in by User in UI which Java code will translate to flume agent properties. Please let me know how I can go about this use case.

Thanks,
Manohar.

Disclaimer: This  communication  is  for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) and  shall  not attach any liability on the originator or ITC Infotech India Ltd./its  Holding company/ its Subsidiaries/ its Group Companies. If you are the addressee, the contents of this e-mail are intended for your use only and it shall  not be forwarded to any third party, without first obtaining written authorization from the originator or ITC Infotech India Ltd./ its Holding company/its  Subsidiaries/ its Group Companies. It may contain information which is confidential and legally privileged and the same shall not be used or dealt with  by any  third  party  in  any manner whatsoever without the specific consent  of  ITC  Infotech India Ltd./ its Holding company/ its Subsidiaries/ its Group Companies.

Re: Configuring flume agent dynamically from java code

Posted by Blade Liu <ha...@gmail.com>.
I guess you can assign customized parameters(provided by UI) using Java
code and directly write file to flume.conf. It would be nice if someone
develops a general framework...

Posted by Ahmed Vila <av...@devlogic.eu>.
Hi Manohar,

Posted by Ma...@itcinfotech.com.