Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Amal Sirvisetti <am...@sirvisetti.com> on 2001/06/17 04:12:29 UTC

XMLFragment and toSAX in C2

Hi,

I have implemented an XMLFragment class based on the AbstractXMLFragment
in C2 (dev-2.1). Within the toSAX() method I call another Java class
that returns me an XML string. I want to insert this string into the XSP
page. However, when I call the hander.characters(...) method, the < and
> signs are getting converted to &lt; and &gt; respectively and the XML
document strcuture is not preserved. Is there an easy way to handle
this? Or, do I need to parse the incoming string and prepare the XML
again using the startElement and endElement methods?

Please advise.

Thanks,
Amal
Sirvisetti Systems

Re: XMLFragment and toSAX in C2

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.

Amal Sirvisetti a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I have implemented an XMLFragment class based on the AbstractXMLFragment
> in C2 (dev-2.1). Within the toSAX() method I call another Java class
> that returns me an XML string. I want to insert this string into the XSP
> page. However, when I call the hander.characters(...) method, the < and
> > signs are getting converted to &lt; and &gt; respectively and the XML
> document strcuture is not preserved. Is there an easy way to handle
> this? Or, do I need to parse the incoming string and prepare the XML
> again using the startElement and endElement methods?
>
> Please advise.
>
> Thanks,
> Amal
> Sirvisetti Systems

The characters() method in ContentHandler is used to output...
characters. That's why "<" and ">" are escaped to &lt; and &gt;

To achieve the desired behaviour, you need to pass your XML-in-a-String
through a parser that outputs SAX events into the ContentHandler
parameter of toSAX().

--
Sylvain Wallez