Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jacob Champion <ch...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/13 23:30:42 UTC

mod_websocket cross-post

Hi all,

(If you're already subscribed to modules-dev@ or users@, you've already
seen this -- sorry -- but Rich Bowen suggested that I post here as well.)

I recently released a 0.1.0 version of mod_websocket, which was at one
point [1] under consideration for folding into the httpd project, but it
was abandoned sometime in 2012. I'm picking it up.

If you're interested, you can see a copy of the users@ announcement at

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-users/201511.mbox/%3C56425497.60301%40gmail.com%3E

or take a look at the project page at

     https://github.com/jchampio/apache-websocket

If you'd like to talk about its design, or long-term goals, or the
appropriateness of its being an httpd module -- or even if you just have
questions like "who would use this thing?!" -- I would love to discuss it.

Thanks,
--Jacob

[1]
https://github.com/disconnect/apache-websocket/issues/27#issuecomment-145019603