Posted to announce@apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2011/04/27 14:30:03 UTC

[ANN] Apache Sling Testing Tools released

The Apache Sling team is pleased to announce the release of the
following testing tools:

Apache Sling Test Tools 1.0.2
Apache Sling JUnit Core 1.0.6
Apache Sling JUnit Remote Tests Runners 1.0.6
Apache Sling JUnit Scriptable Tests Provider 1.0.6
Apache Sling Sample Integration Tests 1.0.6
Apache Sling Sample Server-Side Tests 1.0.6
Apache Sling Failing Server-Side Tests 1.0.6

Apache Sling is a web framework that uses a Java Content Repository,
such as Apache Jackrabbit, to store and manage content. Sling
applications use either scripts or Java servlets, selected based on
simple name conventions, to process HTTP requests in a RESTful way.

These modules provide a number of tools and libraries for unit and
integration testing of OSGi- based and RESTful application servers,
see http://sling.apache.org/site/sling-testing-tools.html for more
details.

These releases are available from
http://sling.apache.org/site/downloads.cgi and from Maven:

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId>
            <artifactId>org.apache.sling.testing.tools</artifactId>
            <version>1.0.2</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId>
            <artifactId>org.apache.sling.junit.core</artifactId>
            <version>1.0.6</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId>
            <version>1.0.6</version>
            <artifactId>org.apache.sling.junit.remote</artifactId>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId>
            <artifactId>org.apache.sling.junit.scriptable</artifactId>
            <version>1.0.6</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId>
            <artifactId>org.apache.sling.testing.samples.integrationtests</artifactId>
            <version>1.0.6</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId>
            <artifactId>org.apache.sling.testing.samples.sampletests</artifactId>
            <version>1.0.6</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId>
            <artifactId>org.apache.sling.testing.samples.failingtests</artifactId>
            <version>1.0.6</version>
        </dependency>

This is the first release of those modules.

Enjoy!

-The Sling team

Re: [ANN] Apache Sling Testing Tools released

Posted by Mark Adamcin <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bertrand,

I'm excited to get started with using this framework for CQ 5.4
applications. I thought I'd jump in with the Scriptable Tests Provider, but
I ran into a snag, identified by the following stack trace snippet:

27.04.2011 13:14:54.397 *ERROR* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1303935294394] POST
/system/sling/junit/org.apache.sling.junit.scriptable.ScriptableTestsProvider.json
HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl service:
Uncaught Throwable java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.apache.sling.engine.impl.parameters.ParameterSupport.getContainerParameters(ParameterSupport.java:154)
at
org.apache.sling.engine.impl.parameters.ParameterSupport.getRequestParameterMapInternal(ParameterSupport.java:119)
at
org.apache.sling.engine.impl.parameters.ParameterSupport.getParameter(ParameterSupport.java:85)
at
org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingHttpServletRequestImpl.getParameter(SlingHttpServletRequestImpl.java:143)
at
org.apache.sling.bgservlets.impl.BackgroundServletStarterFilter.doFilter(BackgroundServletStarterFilter.java:105)
at
org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.AbstractSlingFilterChain.doFilter(AbstractSlingFilterChain.java:60)
at
org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl.processRequest(SlingRequestProcessorImpl.java:161)
at
org.apache.sling.junit.scriptable.TestAllPaths.verifyContent(TestAllPaths.java:62)
at
at

Here's what I did to get to this point:

1. Installed the following bundles, which are currently active:
/apps/bundles/install/org.apache.sling.junit.core-1.0.6.jar
/apps/bundles/install/org.apache.sling.junit.scriptable-1.0.6.jar
/apps/bundles/install/org.apache.sling.junit.remote-1.0.6.jar

2. Created a simple test script JSP (prints "TEST_PASSED") at
/apps/geometrixx/test-components/test-title/test.txt.jsp

3. Created an associated content node at
/apps/geometrixx/test-content/example:
jcr:primaryType="sling:Folder"
jcr:mixinTypes="[sling:Test]"
sling:resourceType="geometrixx/test-components/test-title"

4. Executed cURL:
`curl -u admin:admin -X POST
http://localhost:4502/system/sling/junit/org.apache.sling.junit.scriptable.ScriptableTestsProvider.json`

5. Got this response:
[{
    "INFO_TYPE": "test",
    "description":
"verifyContent[0](org.apache.sling.junit.scriptable.TestAllPaths)",
    "failure":
"verifyContent[0](org.apache.sling.junit.scriptable.TestAllPaths): Expecting
HTTP status 200 for path /apps/geometrixx/test-content/example.test.txt
expected:<200> but was:<500>"
  }
]

6. Looked for a cause for the 500 in error.log; Found the stacktrace I
pasted above.

Is there some other detail I'm missing?

Mark Adamcin
Acquity Group