Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/26 02:12:26 UTC

Weird maven behavior during local SCA build.

If I remove o.a.tuscany/sca from my local maven repository, and then
try to build SCA, I'm having all weired issues around missing
dependencies from artifacts that are supposed to get built during the
build I'm executing. I also noticed that maven is resolving some other
artifacts to its published SNAPSHOT, instead of the one that is
supposed to get built. I tried in two machines and can reproduce the
error, the same way, in both...

Below are some of the missing dependencies...  but the first one to
fail for me is implementation-notification, also note that, if you go
and build it manually, then you can progress further, until when maven
feel bad about some other dependencies...

Any suggestions ? Ideas ?

Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.tuscany.sca:tuscany-distributed:jar:1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.tuscany.sca
-DartifactId=tuscany-distributed \
          -Dversion=1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
there:       mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apa
ributed \
          -Dversion=1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file \
           -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.tuscany.sca:tuscany-binding-sca:jar:1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT
        2) org.apache.tuscany.sca:tuscany-distributed:jar:1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT

2) org.apache.tuscany.sca:tuscany-binding-jms:jar:1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.tuscany.sca
-DartifactId=tuscany-binding-jms \
          -Dversion=1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
there:       mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apa
ing-jms \
          -Dversion=1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file \
           -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.tuscany.sca:tuscany-binding-sca:jar:1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT
        2) org.apache.tuscany.sca:tuscany-binding-jms:jar:1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT

----------
2 required artifacts are missing.

for artifact:
  org.apache.tuscany.sca:tuscany-binding-sca:jar:1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache.incubator (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository),
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository)

[INFO] Total time: 21 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Jul 25 16:59:30 PDT 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 19M/35M

Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer
http://people.apache.org/~lresende
http://lresende.blogspot.com/

RE: Weird maven behavior during local SCA build.

Posted by ra...@wipro.com.

I have the same problem.. Can someone help resolve this..

Regards,
Rabi Mishra,
http://rabisblog.blogspot.com/
c++; /* this makes c bigger but returns the old value */
Posted by Naveen MC <na...@gmail.com>.
Hey,

I am facing a similar probem when building SCA code using "mvn"

 [INFO] [build-helper:add-source {execution: add-source}]
[INFO] Source directory:
E:\TUSCANY\SCASource\java\sca\itest\wsdl\target\sdo-source added

[INFO] [tuscany-sdo:generate {execution: generate-sdo}]
Downloading:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/tuscany/sc
/tuscany-implementation-notification/1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/tuscany-implementation-notif
cation-1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar
Downloading:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/tuscany/sca/
uscany-implementation-notification/1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/tuscany-implementation-notific
[...]

NAPSHOT

1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:

org.apache.tuscany.sca:tuscany-binding-notification:jar:1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.