Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com> on 2001/06/28 05:50:32 UTC

Proposal working

Charles,

Whatever you did to structure my proposal in CVS, thanks!  I'm not getting
the out of memory exception and am back to testing.

I wrote implementations on MimeMessageWrapper.writeTo(OutputStream [, String
headers[]}.  They now stream the source (inputstream) to the specified
outputstream, rather than parsing and instantiating the MimeMessage.  Now
it's instantiating the message only once rather than 4-5 times (between when
it received, sent, and processed the message through different processors).

Next, I plan to have it only instantiate the headers first, only
instantiating the whole message if that's necessary.  This will help a lot
as for most messages, you just check headers and don't need the whole
MimeMessage.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks mainly!

Serge

Re: Proposal working

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Yeah, I focused just on getting all the optimization working last night
(also got the headers thing working late last night). Will finish debugging
JDBC next.

Hmm.  as for the JDBC configuration, I'm not sure how to implement your
idea.  I was expecting to have just a single database server.  The "db://"
repository would be configured with a username, password, driver, and
hostname (like the Town one is in 1.2rc1 release).  Then
db://EML_Spool/spool would represent db://<table_name>/<repository_name>.
So you could either stick it all in the same table with different
repository_names, or different tables.  Right now the conf is hardcoded
while I test things.

I'm not really sure how to support multiple servers though.  The JDBC URL
can be quite arbitrary, and I don't see how you could specify the driver,
username, password, table name, and repository_name (as well as the JDBC
URL) in a single destinationURL.  I'm fine with extra flexibility with a
longer conf file, but just am not sure how to do it.

Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies
http://www.lokitech.com/
Posted by Charles Benett <ch...@benett1.demon.co.uk>.