Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Hebert <jo...@vedalabs.com> on 2001/07/19 20:55:06 UTC

Re: distribution

Knoll, Craig wrote:

> In the binary distribution folders, there are several files. I know I need "jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3.zip" but what is "jakarta-servletapi-3.2.3.zip used for?

> Do I need this file in conjunction with Tomcat? Is it for JSP?

No.

> Is the usage of this file documented?

After you unarchive this file, take a look at
jakarta-servletapi-3.2.3/docs/index.html.

I believe this is the source for Tomcat servlet.jar. Tomcat is an
application server for the methods/functions contained in the
servlet.jar. Um, can anyone else come up with a better explanation? Like
St. Augustine, I know what it is until you ask me to explain it. :)

--
John Alex Hebert
john@vedalabs.com

RE: distribution

Posted by Mike Jackson <mj...@cdi-hq.com>.
It's servlet api docs.  Or at least that's what my cursory look said it was.

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson
mjackson@cdi-hq.com