Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Leo Alekseyev <dn...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/21 01:21:13 UTC

Using Hive with HBase 0.89

 We are running into the issue reported in HIVE-1597 (Hive CLI returns
MasterNotRunningException with HBase 0.89.x) when using Hive from
trunk and HBase 0.89.20100830, StumbleUpon branch.

 Does anyone here have possible workarounds for this issue, or does
anyone successfully run Hive with HBase 0.89.x, and if so, what exact
versions are you using?..

Thanks,
--Leo

Re: Using Hive with HBase 0.89

Posted by Leo Alekseyev <dn...@gmail.com>.
In our case the problem appeared to be related to Hive HBase handler
being compiled with outdated jars. The solution (e.g. for HBase
0.89.20100830) was to make sure $HIVE_SOURCE/lib contains both
hbase-0.89.20100830.jar and hbase-0.89.20100830-tests.jar and no other
versions of hbase jars.

Re: Using Hive with HBase 0.89

Posted by John Sichi <js...@facebook.com>.