Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Spico Florin <sp...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/25 12:38:01 UTC

Service is hanging up when running in parallel mode with org.apache.uima.aae.error.MessageTimeoutException

Hello!
  I'm trying to deploy a service that should run 2 delegates in parallel.
The service is based on the uima given examples. Please find below the used
descriptors:

<UIMA_HOME>\examples\descriptors\flow_controller\MeetingDetectorTAE_AdvancedFixedFlow.xml
(provided by uima)

<UIMA_HOME>\examples\descriptors\flow_controller\AdvancedFixedFlowController.xml
(provided by uima)
ParallelFlow.xml  (deployment file for uima as made by me, see  the source
at the bottom of this message)

When trying to deploy ParallelFlow.xml  as UIMA service (by
usingDeployService.cmd) I'm getting  warnings and exceptions and after that
the service is shutdown.
Can you please have a look if I did something wrong? Any suggestion is
appreciated.
Thank you.

Reagrds,
 Florin

Here are the exceptions:
11/25/11 1:12:36 PM - 12:
org.apache.uima.aae.delegate.Delegate$1.Delegate.TimerTask.run: WARNING:
Timeout While Waiting For Reply From Delegate:DateTimeAnnotator GetMeta
Request Timed Out. Configured Reply Window Of 60,000.
11/25/11 1:12:36 PM - 12:
org.apache.uima.aae.error.handler.GetMetaErrorHandler.handleError: WARNING:
Service: Meeting Detector TAE with Advanced Fixed Flow Controller Runtime
Exception
11/25/11 1:12:36 PM - 12:
org.apache.uima.aae.error.handler.GetMetaErrorHandler.handleError: WARNING:
org.apache.uima.aae.error.MessageTimeoutException: Delegate
Service:DateTimeAnnotator Has Timed Out While Processing CAS:null
    at org.apache.uima.aae.delegate.Delegate$1.run(Delegate.java:587)

MeetingDetectorTAE_AdvancedFixedFlow.xml parallel execution suggestion:
 <configurationParameterSettings>
      <nameValuePair>
        <name>Flow</name>
        <value>
          <array>
            <string>RoomNumberAnnotator,DateTimeAnnotator</string>
            <string>MeetingAnnotator</string>
          </array>
        </value>
      </nameValuePair>

ParallelFlow.xml content

<analysisEngineDeploymentDescription xmlns="
http://uima.apache.org/resourceSpecifier">

  <name>Meeting Detector TAE</name>
  <description>Deploys Meeting Detector Aggregate AE that uses remotely
deployed RoomNumberAnnotator.</description>

  <deployment protocol="jms" provider="activemq">
    <casPool numberOfCASes="3"/>
    <service>
      <inputQueue endpoint="MeetingDetectorTaeQueue"
brokerURL="${defaultBrokerURL}"/>
      <topDescriptor>
        <import
location="../../descriptors/flow_controller/MeetingDetectorTAE_AdvancedFixedFlow.xml"/>
      </topDescriptor>
      <analysisEngine>
        <delegates>
          <remoteAnalysisEngine key="RoomNumberAnnotator">
            <inputQueue endpoint="RoomNumberAnnotatorQueue"
brokerURL="${defaultBrokerURL}"/>
            <serializer method="xmi"/>
          </remoteAnalysisEngine>

          <remoteAnalysisEngine key="DateTimeAnnotator">
            <inputQueue endpoint="DateTimeAnnotatorQueue"
brokerURL="${defaultBrokerURL}"/>
            <serializer method="xmi"/>
          </remoteAnalysisEngine>

        </delegates>
      </analysisEngine>
    </service>
  </deployment>

</analysisEngineDeploymentDescription>

Re: Service is hanging up when running in parallel mode with org.apache.uima.aae.error.MessageTimeoutException

Posted by Spico Florin <sp...@gmail.com>.
Hello!
  Thank you for your answer. You have right. I think I missed the step from
the documentation where you have to start up previously your remote
services (in my case RoomNumberAnnotator and DateTimeAnnotator.
   Kind regards,
  Florin

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.