Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Oliver Pfau <Ol...@in-gmbh.de> on 2004/03/24 10:47:52 UTC

JSR 168 Portalserver comparion

Hi,

in the context of a JRS 168 and portalserver comparison I have a few
questions regarding jetspeed

supports jetspeed...

1. the validation of preference values ?
2. the sharing of preference attributes among users ?
3. buffering (caching of the portlet container, if I understood it
correctly) ?
4. response properties ?
5. URL redirection
6. render parameters ?
7. the definition of an abstract portlet application (e.g. websphere) ?
8. the explicit invalidation of caching ?
9. the sharing of cache entries across users ?
10. the sharing of each created markup ?
11. the following scopes of transient data ?
	- request
	- session
	- context (web application)
12. the inclusion of JSP's and servlets ?
13. URL encoding
	- pointing to portlet ?
	- pointing to resource ?
14. are the request/response objects received in a render and action call
are the same or different objects ?
15. are the portlet preferences in one object or they're parameterized via
the flyweight pattern (e.g. websphere) ?
16. is the portlet.xml definition 100% equal to the JSR 168 defintion ?

if someone could help me answering one or more question or with hints to
further documentation I would be very glad.
Thanks in advance,

Oliver Pfau