Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jeet Kaushik <je...@altair.com> on 2018/08/14 04:12:54 UTC

URL's are blocked by tomcat 8.0.53

Hi,

     We are facing 400 bad request issues while upgrading to tomcat 8.0.53. Earlier we were using tomcat 8.0.39, where our application was working fine, but after upgrade few URL started throwing 400 Bad Requests.

Example:

resource with name “5782[].xyz.html” is giving 400 Bad request.

After encoding the URI, request seems to be working fine, but we have various layers in-between which decodes URL before forwarding to tomcat.

Kindly help us to know that, is it the expected behavior with latest version, can we avoid it through some configurations to retain old behavior.

Thanks in Advance,
Jeet Kaushik
Technical Lead
Altair Engineering

Re: URL's are blocked by tomcat 8.0.53

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 14/08/18 05:12, Jeet Kaushik wrote:
> Hi,
>
>      We are facing 400 bad request issues while upgrading to tomcat 8.0.53. Earlier we were using tomcat 8.0.39, where our application was working fine, but after upgrade few URL started throwing 400 Bad Requests.
>
> Example:
>
> resource with name “5782[].xyz.html” is giving 400 Bad request.
>
> After encoding the URI, request seems to be working fine, but we have various layers in-between which decodes URL before forwarding to tomcat.
>
> Kindly help us to know that, is it the expected behavior with latest version, can we avoid it through some configurations to retain old behavior.

https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/config/http.html
relaxedPathChars
relaxedQueryChars

8.0.x reached end if life at the end of June 2018. 8.0.53 was the final
release and it is very unlikely that there will be further 8.0.x releases.

It is strongly recommended that you upgrade to 8.5.x, or better still
9.0.x, asap.

Mark