Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Larry Flathmann <ma...@elrancho.com.mx> on 2006/04/05 18:49:18 UTC

[users@httpd] How to control the Apache service remotely?

Greetings!

I haven't been able to find any documentation on this, so I thought I
would ask the experts.

What options do I have to control the Apache service remotely?

I need to be able to start, stop, restart the service from a remote
location. The server and the outside machine I would be connecting on
are both windows.

Is it possible to connect remotely using the Apache Service Monitor?
Does it use a specific port?

Any info on this is greatly appreciated! :)

--Larry