Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by Laurent Perez <l....@gmail.com> on 2012/10/08 19:39:58 UTC

Status of openddr-resources xml files ?

Hi

My company is interested in replacing our Wurfl-based device detection with
the OpenDDR one. We're also interested in contributing device information.

I've noticed that only the Java and CSharp codes have been donated, but the
device information contained within XML files at
https://github.com/OpenDDRdotORG/OpenDDR-Resources is still only available
on github.

Are there plans to donate these resources to the Apache foundation ?

Thanks
laurent

--
http://laurentperez.fr
J2EE tips and best practices

Re: Status of openddr-resources xml files ?

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the updates
(I got an error message last time when replying to this mailing list, so it
is also a test)

Werner

Posted by "Naghibi, Reza" <RN...@weather.com>.
Since the data files and code are likely to be reworked in the process of pushing this new project forward, I would recommend we take some time to review the structure of the DDR and its codebases. In writing a C client (dClass), I found some areas of improvements:

-I found the need of builders unnecessary. The approach I took in dClass was to classify the pattern by a type: strong, chained, and weak (there is also a way to break ties when multiple patterns match). These can be adjusted if needed, but I found that this is was fastest and most flexible way to match all patterns against a user-agent string.

-In doing the above, I was able to extend the DDR to detect browsers, operating systems, and bots.

-I was able to achieve a high level of performance speedup in using a hybrid search/pattern data structure as the core of my client: dtree.

I just want to get the ball rolling and possibly start a technical discussion as to the code structure of this project.

My client is here for reference: https://github.com/TheWeatherChannel/dClass

Thanks,
Reza

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.