Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by James Peach <jp...@apache.org> on 2013/11/17 05:49:01 UTC

TS-2361 regex_remap config path compatibility

Hi all,

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-2361

I'd like to have this change for 4.x, but it is compatibility issue. Does anyone have an opinion on whether this can go on 4.x, or should be pushed to 5.x?

Re: TS-2361 regex_remap config path compatibility

Posted by James Peach <jp...@apache.org>.
On Nov 18, 2013, at 9:44 AM, James Peach <jp...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Nov 17, 2013, at 12:23 PM, Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Nov 16, 2013, at 9:49 PM, James Peach <jp...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-2361
>>>
>>> I'd like to have this change for 4.x, but it is compatibility issue. Does anyone have an opinion on whether this can go on 4.x, or should be pushed to 5.x?
>>
>> Slightly torn on it, but I think this should be seen as fixing a bug.
>>
>> Fwiw, the old behavior (with a hardcoded default base dir) stems from old Yahoo code, where the configure environment was not exposed to plugins. I’m imagining most people using this plugin are using absolute paths to the plugin configs.
>>
>> My vote would be to land it for v4.2.0.
>
> Ok, I'll land it for 4.2 today.

FYI, I'm going to do a similar change for header_rewrite

Re: TS-2361 regex_remap config path compatibility

Posted by James Peach <jp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On Nov 16, 2013, at 9:49 PM, James Peach <jp...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-2361
>
> I'd like to have this change for 4.x, but it is compatibility issue. Does anyone have an opinion on whether this can go on 4.x, or should be pushed to 5.x?

Slightly torn on it, but I think this should be seen as fixing a bug.

Fwiw, the old behavior (with a hardcoded default base dir) stems from old Yahoo code, where the configure environment was not exposed to plugins. I’m imagining most people using this plugin are using absolute paths to the plugin configs.

My vote would be to land it for v4.2.0.

— Leif