Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by nicolas de loof <ni...@apache.org> on 2008/02/29 09:43:58 UTC

Re: svn commit: r631999 - in /maven/archiva/branches/springy: archiva-base/archiva-common/ archiva-base/archiva-configuration/src/test/java/org/apache/maven/archiva/configuration/ archiva-base/archiva-configuration/src/test/resources/org/apache/maven

> >         // Release existing
> > -        release( archivaConfiguration );
> > +//      FIXME spring equivalent ?  release( archivaConfiguration );
>
> I don't know if spring takes care of managing them itself - but we
> need to look into this since we used to have leaks from the webapp
> when it never released the components.

AFAIK there is no way in spring to "remove" a bean from the context.

Not sure what is the requirement here, I suppose we want to FORCE the
singleton "archivaConfiguration" bean to get reloaded / refreshed.

The best option IMHO is to use use a BeanNameAutoProxyCreator to create a
proxy for the "archivaConfiguration" singleton. An interceptor could cache
the active concrete implementation instance, declared as prototype, and
expose a "release()" management method to force a new lookup.

Nicolas.

Posted by Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.com>.
Consider this a +1 from me.

This is very cool!