Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Unico Hommes <Un...@hippo.nl> on 2003/03/18 17:46:06 UTC

AbstractSAXSource incompatible changes [was: DOMStreamer incompatible changes]

> On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 16:25, Unico Hommes wrote:
> [...]
> > For
> > instance the method setContentHandler seems to have been removed
> > completely.
>
> re-added in CVS (both 2.0 and 2.1).

Thanks, that does help.

> Thanks for reporting, and don't hesitate to report any
> further problems
> you may have.

OK, I will. Actualy something else does seems to be broken. But I'm not sure this one is yours. I am getting:

E:\projects\hippo-y!\src\cocoon-xhive\java\nl\hippo\cocoon\source\XhiveSource.java:109:
cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : constructor AbstractSAXSource (<nulltype>,org.apache.avalon.framework.compo
nent.ComponentManager,org.apache.log.Logger)
location: class org.apache.cocoon.components.source.AbstractSAXSource
        super( null , manager , logger );
        ^
E:\projects\hippo-y!\src\cocoon-xhive\java\nl\hippo\cocoon\source\XhiveSource.java:216:
toSAX(org.xml.sax.ContentHandler) in nl.hippo.cocoon.source.XhiveSource cannot overri
de toSAX(org.xml.sax.ContentHandler) in org.apache.cocoon.components.source.AbstractS
AXSource; overridden method does not throw org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException
    public void toSAX( final ContentHandler handler )

The first one is caused by the fact that the constructor signature used to take an o.a.log.Logger but now takes o.a.avalon.framework.logger.Logger The second is because of the toSAX method signature. The original toSAX method on o.a.cocoon.environment.Source also threw o.a.cocoon.ProcessingException. So if someone could make those changes that would make me realy happy :)

Regards,
U.

Re: AbstractSAXSource incompatible changes [was: DOMStreamer incompatible changes]

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 17:46, Unico Hommes wrote:
> I am getting:
>
> E:\projects\hippo-y!\src\cocoon-xhive\java\nl\hippo\cocoon\source\XhiveSource.java:109:
> cannot resolve symbol
> symbol  : constructor AbstractSAXSource (<nulltype>,org.apache.avalon.framework.compo
> nent.ComponentManager,org.apache.log.Logger)
> location: class org.apache.cocoon.components.source.AbstractSAXSource
>         super( null , manager , logger );
>         ^
> E:\projects\hippo-y!\src\cocoon-xhive\java\nl\hippo\cocoon\source\XhiveSource.java:216:
> toSAX(org.xml.sax.ContentHandler) in nl.hippo.cocoon.source.XhiveSource cannot overri
> de toSAX(org.xml.sax.ContentHandler) in org.apache.cocoon.components.source.AbstractS
> AXSource; overridden method does not throw org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException
>     public void toSAX( final ContentHandler handler )
>
> The first one is caused by the fact that the constructor signature
> used to take an o.a.log.Logger but now takes
> o.a.avalon.framework.logger.Logger The second is because of the toSAX
> method signature. The original toSAX method on
> o.a.cocoon.environment.Source also threw
> o.a.cocoon.ProcessingException. So if someone could make those changes
> that would make me realy happy :)

Are you talking about Cocoon 2.0 or 2.1?

I don't think we support that level of compatibility between Cocoon 2.0
and 2.1 -- you'll probably find that other stuff also changed (e.g.
Parser being split in SAXParser and DOMParser, changes in
SourceResolving, ...) but most of them are straightforward to port.