Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <bo...@redwerk.com> on 2008/10/06 15:50:49 UTC

Re: eclipse plugin, resolve dependencies to the projects in the workspace

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 12:00:39PM +0300, Eugeny N Dzhurinsky wrote:
> >   Out of curiosity, why don't you use Maven IDe integration, such as
> > m2eclipse? http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/
>
> I just tried it and I was really impressed of it's capabilities. Many thanks!

After a time of using it I found for some reason it hangs the workspace
building - it shows it is trying to compile a class for a while (I was waiting
for 5 or 10 minutes). I removed the m2eclipse plugin - and everything works
fine.

Do you have any ideas why is it and how to fix it? I am using Eclipse 3.4 if
that matters.

Thank you!

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky

Re: eclipse plugin, resolve dependencies to the projects in the workspace

Posted by Eugene Kuleshov <eu...@md.pp.ru>.

Eugeny N Dzhurinsky-2 wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 12:00:39PM +0300, N Dzhurinsky wrote:
>> >   Out of curiosity, why don't you use Maven IDe integration, such as
>> > m2eclipse? http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/
>>
>> I just tried it and I was really impressed of it's capabilities. Many
>> thanks!
>
> After a time of using it I found for some reason it hangs the workspace
> building - it shows it is trying to compile a class for a while (I was
> waiting for 5 or 10 minutes). I removed the m2eclipse plugin - and
> everything works fine.
>
> Do you have any ideas why is it and how to fix it? I am using Eclipse 3.4
> if
> that matters.

  You may want to check Eclipse's Progress view and Maven console to see
what m2eclipse is doing.
  If that does not help, please report a bug in project bug tracker [1] at
and provide thread dump [2] when build hangs for your project. Also clarify
what "trying to compile a class" exactly mean (did you run Project/Clean or
launched Maven from Run as.. / Maven shortcut).
  Also, it is better to discuss issues specific to m2eclipe in its own
mailing list [3] or Eclipse newsgroups [4].

  Thanks

  Eugene

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNGECLIPSE
[2]