Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by David Talley <da...@ccnppi.com> on 2001/11/16 19:36:57 UTC

general/8778: Content Negotiation leaves $QUERY_STRING empty on PHP web pages.

>Number:         8778
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Content Negotiation leaves $QUERY_STRING empty on PHP web pages.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
This worked using Apache 1.3.20.
I'm using content negotiation to serve all of my web pages without file extensions.  I'm using the latest PHP (4.0.6) for both versions of Apache.
After upgrading to Apache 1.3.22, when a PHP page is loaded via content negotiation, the $QUERY_STRING is blank when it should have value(s).  When the same page is loaded WITH the file extension, $QUERY_STRING functions normally.
>How-To-Repeat:
1. Create phpinfo.php with nothing but this one line:
   <?php phpinfo(); ?>
2. Call the page using this URI: /phpinfo?foo=bar
3. In the "Apache Environment" section, notice how QUERY_STRING is blank.
4. Call the page using this URI: /phpinfo.php?foo=bar
5. In the "Apache Environment" section, notice how QUERY_STRING equals "foo=bar"
>Fix:
Other than a work-around of specifying extensions in all your links, I have no suggested way to fix it.
 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]