Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Javier Candeira <ja...@candeira.com> on 2015/04/07 22:08:24 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Import docker-couchdb (Was: [DISCUSSION] Import docker-couchdb)

I'm too late to vote for this one, but count me as a retrospective +1.

Great news.

> Docker can be used in two capacities for CouchDB:
>
> 1. spin up a dev environment with all dependencies quickly.
> 2. spin up a production instance of CouchDB that is all self-contained.

In other news, at $latestjob I was in charge of maintaining our development
docker environment, and could help with making point 1 above run more
smoothly.

If I understand correctly, these would be two completely different docker
setups, because the two different goals also require different docker
architectures.