Posted to dev@opennlp.apache.org by "william.colen@gmail.com" <wi...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/29 00:38:20 UTC

DetokenizationOperation.MERGE_BOTH

Hi!

I need something like DetokenizationOperation.MERGE_BOTH to train a
Tokenizer from NameFinder data. A sample of the data is:

... devolva - me o livro .... (give the book back to me)

I need detokenize it to "devolva-me o livro"

So I would need to add the hyphen to the detokenizer dictionary and
configure it to something like MERGE_BOTH, but we don't have such option.
Do you see another way of doing it or should I extend the
the DetokenizationOperation ?

Thanks
William

Re: DetokenizationOperation.MERGE_BOTH

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
+1 to add a MERGE_BOTH.

I recently worked with news paper texts where the quotation mark was
never separated by at least one white space. For that it would be nice
to use
MERGE_BOTH to retrain the tokenizer.

Jörn