Posted to users@shindig.apache.org by Justin Wyllie <ju...@hotmail.co.uk> on 2010/07/12 12:59:17 UTC

Handing peopleRequestFields we do not support

Hi
We are implementing a container based on the PHP version.
We are going to do a streamlined version initially which just supports gadget rendering and a minimum of people services and not any other service. We will add services over time.
Even in the case of people services we are not implementing various things e.g.
SORT_ORDER topFriendsFILTER topFriendsFILTER_OPTIONS - that is additional custom filtering
in idSpec.GROUP_ID field - a custom group id.and NETWORK_DISTANCE
Can we just ignore these? E.g. if we get a value for NETWORK_DISTANCE can we just treat it as 1 (first rank of friends) whatever it is rather than return a not implemented of filtered:false message. Same with SORT_ORDER topFriends. Since we don't have a concept of top friends on our site can we just ignore this - as if it wasn't passed?
Would this be consistent with the spec?
Thanks
Justin

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/197222280/direct/01/