Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jeremiah Weeden <we...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/14 00:51:02 UTC

Setting up Axis in an Apache/Tomcat Environment

Hello -

I am a newbie with Axis and am wondering if anyone has tried setting it up
on a server/workstation where tomcat and apache are both running. We have a
situation at work where we will be doing this and I'm wondering how
different the installation is compared to a pure tomcat installation (I have
already done a pure tomcat installation).  I know that files need to be in
different directories and potentially configuration files need to be
modified so I was just curious about how much different the installation
process would be.

Thanks!

--
Jeremiah

Re: Setting up Axis in an Apache/Tomcat Environment

Posted by samir shaikh <aq...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

I did this several years ago, but I'll give it a shot
at explaining how it was done as far as I can
remember.

The process for axis1 is similar to just setting up a
web application and wiring it into the web server just
like a servlet. The web.xml will contain references to
AxisServlet. This servlet will initialize the web
service environment. There is a java tool called
AdminClient which takes service definition in the form
of a wsdd file. This tool deploys the service on the
server.

HTH.

Samir

http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/install.html#Step2SettingUpTheLibraries

http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_3/installationguide.html#servlet_container

Posted by Charitha Kankanamge <ch...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Jeremiah Weeden <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Charitha Kankanamge <ch...@wso2.com>.
Hi Jeremiah,

--
Charitha Kankanamge
WSO2 inc.

Re: [AXIS 2] SSL Error :Unconnected sockets not implemented

Posted by Srikanth Muthyala <sr...@iitc.com.au>.
Martin,

thanks its working now. The issue was as I am testing I am using same file keystore and trust store (selfsigned) for client and server. For keystore as we know if file name/path not specified it looks up in the user's home directory. I thought same should be for truststore. But when I explicitly provided javax.net.ssl.trustStore with absolute path of SAME file it worked. I am not sure why it failed before.

Regards,

Srikanth