Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net> on 2006/04/13 05:21:51 UTC

Adding Jeff Roderburg to Lucene.Net as a committer

Hi folks,

I am looking to add Jeff to Lucene.Net as a committer.  Jeff is very active
with Lucene.Net at SourceForge.net and I believe he will be a good addition
to Lucene.Net

This is what I found http://apache.planetmirror.com.au/dev/pmc.html in
regards on how and what need to be done to add Jeff.  Please advice if this
not it.

Jeff: To get you on board, please start here:
http://apache.planetmirror.com.au/dev/new-committers-guide.html -- there are
some paper work which you have to take care of.

Erik, Doug: I don't know if we really need to vote on this, if so, my vote
is +1.

Regards,

-- George

Re: Adding Jeff Roderburg to Lucene.Net as a committer

Posted by Jeff Rodenburg <je...@gmail.com>.
I just signed and faxed a CLA to the ASF.  I also previously discussed my
participation with the ASF with my company, and all is clear with that as
well (no corporate CLA needed, btw.)

Looking forward to getting going....

-- jeff

RE: Lucene.Net

Posted by George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net>.
Hi Erik and all,

Sure thing and the email archive is a good record to have; for example, see
this:
http://www.mail-archive.com/lucene-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg08663.html

Regards,

-- George

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
George,

RE: Lucene.Net

Re: Lucene.Net

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

RE: Lucene.Net

to http://www.dotlucene.net on each contributed page. E.g. <p>Contributed by

Lucene.Net

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Doug Cutting wrote:
> The site is down, but here's my personal recollection of how committers
> are added:
>
> 1. A PMC member starts discussion with on project PMC list (or
> incubator-general for incubating projects).  One week should be allowed
> for discussion of the nomination.

Not incubator-general. Should be on the incubating
project's PPMC private list.

> 2. The nominator should then call a vote with a VOTE message on the same
> mailing list.  One week should be allowed for votes.  At least three +1
> votes and no -1 votes are required.
>
> 3. The prospective committer should file an ICLA.  Their employer should
> file a CCLA if they will be employed to work on Apache projects and
> their employer does not already specifically permit that (and most
> employment agreements specifically forbid this sort of thing).
>
> 4. Once the CLA(s) are on file, the nominator should send a message to
> root@apache.org asking for an account to be created.  The message should
> provide a desired username, forwarding email address and cite the vote
> in the mailing list archives.

Essentially, yes. Also the relevant PMC needs to be Cc.
For incubating projects, this is the project's
PPMC and also the Incubator PMC.

http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#newcommitter
http://incubator.apache.org/learn/newcommitters.html

> 5. Once the account is created, the nominator should email the chair of
> the project or its PMC, asking that Subversion access be given.

6. Follow up with the new committer and ensure that
they know about the guidelines and svnpasswd and stuff.
http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#newcommitter
http://www.apache.org/dev/#committers

-David

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Posted by Jeff Rodenburg <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.
You are there:

Posted by Jeff Rodenburg <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
You may want to check out
http://incubator.apache.org/learn/newcommitters.html as a starting
point.  The if clause at the beginning of the document is key (in my
opinion).

Yoav

On 4/16/06, George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net> wrote:
> I received an email from someone else asking to be a committer for
> Lucene.Net at ASF.  I don't know him so I can't speak to him.  For Jeff, it
> was easy, he is a very active at responding to questions at SourceForge.net
> for DotLucene, so it's easy to approve Jeff.
>
> What's the normal process (if there is one) to bring new members on board?
> For me, the person must prove him/her-self first.
>
> I am going to move this discussion over to:
> lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org
>
> Regards,
>
> -- George

Yoav Shapira
Nimalex LLC
1 Mifflin Place, Suite 310
Cambridge, MA, USA

RE: Adding Jeff Roderburg to Lucene.Net as a committer

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.