Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Erhard Eiselen <ei...@tad.co.za> on 2002/11/27 12:37:13 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 1.3.23 and PHP

I have an out-of-the-box RH7.3 installation. I checked the httpd.conf file
and all the
"LoadModule", "AddModule" and "AddType" entries for PHP4 are there - still
when
I access a PHP module through a browser, it shows me the source and not the
page as it should be. Does anyone have an idea what the problem is?

Server version: Apache/1.3.23 (Unix)  (Red-Hat/Linux)
Server built:   Apr  9 2002 14:56:43

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards

Erhard Eiselen

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3.23 and PHP

Posted by Mystery Admin <my...@whatfantasiesmaycome.com>.
On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 at 03:35:39, Erhard Eiselen wrote:

> I have an out-of-the-box RH7.3 installation. I checked the httpd.conf file
> and all the
> "LoadModule", "AddModule" and "AddType" entries for PHP4 are there - still
> when
> I access a PHP module through a browser, it shows me the source and not the
> page as it should be. Does anyone have an idea what the problem is?
>
> Server version: Apache/1.3.23 (Unix)  (Red-Hat/Linux)
> Server built:   Apr  9 2002 14:56:43
>

> Any help will be much appreciated.
>
> Regards
>
> Erhard Eiselen

Check the "AddType" MIME type setting to make sure the correct file extension
for PHP scripts is configured.  For example, if ".php4" is configured in
httpd.conf as the extension for PHP scripts and you're trying to load ".php"
files, that could be the problem.

Good luck!

Peace....

Tom

Re: [users@httpd] Apache not visible

Posted by Mystery Admin <my...@whatfantasiesmaycome.com>.
On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 at 04:48:17, Antonio Bernabei wrote:

> Hi,
> I have just installed Apache on a Windows 2000 computer and I have put in
> the httpd.conf file the
> listen x.x.x.x:80 line
> and allow x.x.x.x. line also for the directory c:\php\dev\www
> From a linux based computer connected by local network I can reach correctly
> the server and let php work.
> But if I try to reach the server from the same computer where is installed,
> I cannot do it. (I try to write the IP number which is correct as ping from
> the same computer to the same number works)
> Any idea?
> Thanks
> Antonio

Check your browser settings to make sure there isn't a proxy server getting in
the way.  If you MUST use a proxy server, configure your browser to NOT use the
proxy for "local" addresses.

Good luck!

Peace....

Tom

[users@httpd] Apache not visible

Posted by Antonio Bernabei <to...@tin.it>.
Hi,

Posted by "Bill Arbuckle, Jr." <bi...@wingshooter.net>.
I was having a similar problem after installing php.  Assuming that the php
module is installed as described in the php installation guidelines, you may
need to copy the php4apache.? to the modules subdirectory under apache.  My
installation was on a windows machine (so .dll was the file extension) and I
am not sure what the module extension would be for Linux.  I hope this
helps.