Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Lawrence Williams <la...@idil.co.uk> on 2003/12/05 11:38:00 UTC

Problems with modules

Hi,

In my web.xml I have defined a default and named module as follows:

    <init-param>
        <param-name>config</param-name>
    </init-param>

    <init-param>
        <param-name>config/admin</param-name>
        <param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-config-admin.xml</param-value>
    </init-param>

And

  <welcome-file-list>
    <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
  </welcome-file-list>

Where index.jsp is simply:

<%@ taglib uri="/tags/struts-logic" prefix="logic" %>
<logic:forward name="logon"/>

However, it seems that when I request the absolute URL:

http://localhost/myApp/admin/ (i.e. index.jsp)

Struts seems to look in my default struts-config.xml rather than in the module specific struts-config-admin.xml

i.e. I get

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find global ActionForward for name logon

The global-forward

    <global-forwards>
        <forward
            name="logon"
            path="/Logon.do"/>

Is defined in struts-config-admin.xml

I can tell struts is looking in the wrong place because if a make a forward in thew default config struts resolves the forward....

Any suggestions?

TIA
Lawrence

---

Re: Problems with modules

Posted by Henrique VIECILI <vi...@softplan.com.br>.
Hi,

I have the same situation, and it only changes the default configuration to
module specific one if the request is to an action wich is declared inside the
struts-module-config.xml.
So, i think you must have an index.jsp page in the default module that calls
some action in the admin module (/admin/*.do).

/index.jsp shall be:
<jsp:forward page="/admin/logon.do" />

and 'logon' shall be declared in struts-admin-config.xml as follows:
<action path="/logon" type="your.package.LogonAction">
    <forward name="success" path="logon.jsp" />
</action>

no changes in your web.xml

I hope it helps and works!!

Henrique Viecili