Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Sebastien Sahuc <ss...@imediation.com> on 2000/09/19 11:45:56 UTC

Re: re problem with xalan1 and namespaces@8

Giacomo wrote :
> I've done some testings too and found that DOM support is somehow
> lacking in Xalan2 and this is extremely needed in the XSP engine. SAX
> support seems to be ok for Transformers so far.

So it won't be a problem to use Xalan 2 inside XSP. Indeed you just need
to produce SAX events from a Dom tree when feeding the source to the XSL
processor, and then build the result DOM  tree from generated SAX events.
Does it make sense ?

By the way, why don't we get rid of these DOM tree in XSP ? Indeed it's
just a matter of transforming XML source though couple of transformers
don't you think ?

All the best,

Sebastien