Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/06 21:40:58 UTC

Re: Experimental C unit test suite available for hacking

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 8:11 PM, William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

> On Thu, May 24, 2018, 06:34 Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Despite the directory structure, this was not part of a "module" in
>> the httpd/LoadModule sense.  I think it's reasonable to pull it "up"
>> which is simpler then trying to push more stuff down into
>> modules/http/.
>
> [Caviet]
> Note that relocation is a major mmn bump, due to two level namespaces...
> Which isn't usual apparent on flat namespace architectures such as Linux.

So finally I did "svn move modules/http/http_etag.c
server/util_etag.c" and adjusted build files in r1833083.
There is no need for backport (for now), no httpdunit tests in 2.4.x,
it wouldn't be possible as is anyway due to MMN major bump.
I tried to keep ap_{make,set}_etag() functions in some
"modules/http/http_etag_glue.c" file, calling some
ap_{make,set}_etag_core() functions in "server/util_etag.c", but
failed. It either didn't build with --enable-mods-shared=reallyall
(export.o can't find ap_{make,set}_etag() for linking), or with
--enable-mods-static=all (httpdunit, with required
PROGRAM_DEPENDENCIES order for "shared" to work)...