Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@oracle.com> on 2017/10/09 16:01:10 UTC

Depending on GitHub & Travis was: FYI: Enabling Travis CI for incubator-netbeans repository

On pondělí 9. října 2017 17:44:12 CEST Emilian Bold wrote:
> Well, I also find it odd how much Apache depends on GitHub. I'm OK with
> Hudson / Jenkins since it's open source and you may (and I have) run it
> yourself. AFAIK Travis is a pure service, no way to run it on my own server
> and compile it from source code.

I see.

Well, in such case we can tell ourselves: GitHub and Travis are just tools to
do our daily job. The core of Apache is Open:
git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-netbeans-html4j.git
and
builds.apache.org/

Nothing will happen if .travis.yml is ignored - at most we get a broken
Jenkins build later.

-jt

Re: Depending on GitHub & Travis was: FYI: Enabling Travis CI for incubator-netbeans repository

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.
No problem, I understand all this and the GitHub Travis integration is
pretty handy!

What I found odd was that you had to ask INFRA about Travis. But I guess it
has something to do with they premium plan Apache is under vs the free plan
which has more limits.

--emi