Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Janne Jalkanen <ja...@ecyrd.com> on 2009/04/17 22:36:15 UTC

PPMC Member list

Heya!

Voting a new PPMC member guide at http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html#Voting+in+a+new+PPMC+member
  says that new PPMC members should be added to https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/board/incubator-info.txt
. However, neither I nor the project mentors seem to be able to find
the file.

Any clues as to what to do next?

/Janne

Re: PPMC Member list

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
On Apr 18, 2009, at 8:56 AM, Felix Meschberger wrote:

> Hi Janne,

>>> AFAICT we udpdate the poddling status page with the PPMC members.
>>
>> Should I file a JIRA issue to get it fixed from the website?
>>
>> BTW, how do new PPMC members get added to the <project>-private -
>> mailing
>> lists? That info is missing from the guide too.
>
> This is described at [1] and you should have enough karma to do this.

So Janne can edit the project status page to add the new committers/
ppmc members.

And the new ppmc members should (must) subscribe themselves to the
private (ppmc) mailing list.

Craig

> Regards
> Felix
>
> [1]
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/website.html#Edit+your+project+status+report
>

>> /Janne

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: PPMC Member list

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Janne,

Re: PPMC Member list

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Janne,

On Apr 18, 2009, at 7:40 AM, Janne Jalkanen wrote:

>>> I don't remember adding PPMC members to such a file in the podlings
>>> that I've been mentoring - my guess would be that we just stopped
>>> maintaining that file.
>>>
>>> Can anyone confirm?
>>
>> AFAICT we udpdate the poddling status page with the PPMC members.
>
> Should I file a JIRA issue to get it fixed from the website?
>
> BTW, how do new PPMC members get added to the <project>-private -
> mailing lists? That info is missing from the guide too.

Down near the bottom of the page http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html
  there is text "Now, Joe Bob should be invited to join the PPMC,
using a sample message like this." that contains a link to: http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc-offer.txt

I admit it's a bit hard to find.

Craig

Re: PPMC Member list

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <ja...@ecyrd.com>.

RE: PPMC Member list

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> AFAICT we udpdate the poddling status page with the PPMC members.

Yes, every project has a STATUS page, and we really should consoldate to there, and stop having redundant meta-data spewed all over the place.

Frankly, I'd like to see the reporting schedule added to the STATUS file, too, or perhaps best to the project index.

	--- Noel

Re: PPMC Member list

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: PPMC Member list

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Bertrand,

On Apr 18, 2009, at 1:23 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 10:36 PM, Janne Jalkanen
> <ja...@ecyrd.com> wrote:
>> ...Voting a new PPMC member guide at
>> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html#Voting+in+a+new+PPMC+member
>>  says
>> that new PPMC members should be added to
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/board/incubator-info.txt
>> .
>> However, neither I nor the project mentors seem to be able to find
>> the file.
>>
>> Any clues as to what to do next?...
>
> I don't remember adding PPMC members to such a file in the podlings
> that I've been mentoring -

I do remember that file, and updating it with some podling ppmc members.

> my guess would be that we just stopped
> maintaining that file.

But I don't remember updating it recently. I think it fell into Noel's
category of "useless redundant information" that we're better without.
If the information is available in each podling's status page, there's
probably no good reason for it to be redundantly maintained elsewhere.
And it was likely out-of-date anyway...

Craig

Re: PPMC Member list

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.