Posted to dev@polygene.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2015/04/02 22:13:05 UTC

Java 7 goes EOL

Marcel highlighted on a separate list that public Java 7 support ceases
this Month. See
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/eol-135779.html#Java6-end-public-updates

The decision to head for Java 8 "soon" is a good one.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

Re: Java 7 goes EOL

Posted by Paul Merlin <pa...@nosphere.org>.
Paul Merlin a écrit :
>> Right now we have 4 tests failing in the develop branch when using Java 8:
>> https://qi4j.ci.cloudbees.com/job/qi4j-sdk.develop.weekly.tests.jdk8-open/106/testReport/
> I just fixed 3 of them. The fix was trivial and changes are in tests
> only: composite types should be public.
>
> One failing test remains:
> org.qi4j.regression.qi377.IssueTest.propertyNameCollisionsShouldWork()
Fixed in 0a31fb8.
Was caused by usage of HashMap instead of LinkedHashMap in
CompositeMethodsModel, exhibited by changes in 8.

Develop on Java 8 is now all green^Wblue.

Re: Java 7 goes EOL

Posted by Paul Merlin <pa...@nosphere.org>.

Re: Java 7 goes EOL

Posted by Paul Merlin <pa...@nosphere.org>.
Niclas Hedhman a écrit :
> Marcel highlighted on a separate list that public Java 7 support ceases
> this Month. See
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/eol-135779.html#Java6-end-public-updates
>
> The decision to head for Java 8 "soon" is a good one.
Indeed!
We should ensure 2.1 builds and runs flawlessly with Java 8 too.