Posted to users@pulsar.apache.org by Apache Pulsar Slack <ap...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/24 09:11:03 UTC

Slack digest for #general - 2020-08-24

2020-08-24 04:46:47 UTC - Sijie Guo: if the message is dispatched to the same consumer, consumer will know about it because acknowledgeTracker has this information locally for de-duplication.
----
2020-08-24 04:47:13 UTC - Sijie Guo: Hence I am encouraging enabling ackTimeout for shared subscriptions.
----
2020-08-24 04:50:09 UTC - Sijie Guo: You can use `topic unload` to unload the topic, which can trigger rollover a new segment. This will trigger deleting segments that are ready to be deleted (all messages are already acknowledged and outside retention limit)
----
2020-08-24 05:14:42 UTC - Adriaan de Haan: But what I'm asking is whether it will actually be dispatched to the same consumer? Does messages that are "redispatched" due to ackTimeout get sent to the same consumer?
----
2020-08-24 05:23:22 UTC - Sijie Guo: If your consumer is alive, the answer is yes. The message will be dispatched to the same consumer. But if the consumer already acked the message. The message will be recorded in the acknowledgement tracker. So the message will NOT be delivered to the application.
----
2020-08-24 05:41:14 UTC - Adriaan de Haan: great, thanks. So in that case I think it should be fine... I will probably enable the ackTimeout - it might hide some kind of underlying issue though, so I will first try in figure out why this is happening and then I'll use this if I can't find a way to resolve it.
----
2020-08-24 05:44:25 UTC - Sijie Guo: sounds good
----