Posted to adffaces-dev@incubator.apache.org by Martin Koci <Ma...@aura.cz> on 2006/09/26 08:51:48 UTC

Re: Differences between read-only inputText and read-only selectOneChoice

Hello,

we need it for both reasons.

We have application currently rewrited with trinidad. But we must use
some old legacy javascript which is not "JSF-oriented" (at least now).

Trinidad components have content part but with readOnly selectOneChoice
is content part not rendered as usual.

I think readOnly selectOne and readOnly inputText should act as
outputText and produce same output. And if not there must be a good
reason for this.

Btw. tomahawk uses behavioral interface DisplayValueOnlyCapable for
this.

Martin

Posted by Arjuna Wijeyekoon <ar...@gmail.com>.
Unfortunately, we cannot make guarantees about the html generated by
trinidad renderers.
Different renderers will render different markup.
you cannot rely on a particular markup or dom structure on the client.