Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Vijay Prasanna <vi...@leadingc.com> on 2004/01/14 20:10:29 UTC

tempfile task

Hi,
       I'm not clear with ANT documentation for 'tempfile' task . I'm using ANT 1.6.0,  the task definition is

     <tempfile destdir = "C:\temp" property = "proptemp" suffix = ".xml"/>
          Is any temporary file of xml type is created in the destdir,     when i tried to execute,  ANT shows BUILD successful but nothing happens.

      someone pls clarify

Vijay

Re: tempfile task

Posted by Wascally Wabbit <wa...@earthling.net>.
I don't think the file is created until you *do* something to
create the file. However the <tempfile> task gives you a
unique name for your file. (This behavior is different from
the J2SE java.io temp file functionality...maybe that's the
confusion...)

At 02:10 PM 1/14/2004, you wrote:
>Hi,
>        I'm not clear with ANT documentation for 'tempfile' task . I'm
> using ANT 1.6.0,  the task definition is
>
>      <tempfile destdir = "C:\temp" property = "proptemp" suffix = ".xml"/>
>           Is any temporary file of xml type is created in the
> destdir,     when i tried to execute,  ANT shows BUILD successful but
> nothing happens.
>
>       someone pls clarify
>
>Vijay

The Wabbit