Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jim Sheffer <ji...@blueworld.com> on 2002/02/15 03:33:44 UTC

Vhosts one more time

Ok- I hate to beat a dead horse, but I'm missing something.
I have the following set up.  The mail domain works fine, but I cannot get
any of the virtual hosts to come up.  They are each on a different ip
address, but all share the same log file.  I have tried switching
ServerNames to each sites specific DNS name, but that didn't do it either.
I'm using apache 1.3* on Mac OS X.  I know in OS 9 I had the set a file in
the system to see multiple ip addresses- do I need to do something like that
in OS X?

<VirtualHost *>
DocumentRoot /Library/WebServer/Documents/www
ServerName www.domain.com
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.147.160.23>
DocumentRoot /Library/WebServer/Documents/www
ServerName www.domain.com

<VirtualHost 192.147.160.121>
DocumentRoot /Library/WebServer/Documents/www
ServerName www.domain.com
</VirtualHost>

Thanks for any help!

Jim

Jim Sheffer             Blue World Communications
Systems Administrator   phone 425.646.0288 ext. 213

Re: Vhosts one more time

Posted by Jim Sheffer <ji...@blueworld.com>.
Sorry- my bad.
The DocumentRoot for each virtual host is different.
I added the the first "virtualHost * record per someone's recomendations.
I'm not sure why it was there either...
Jim

\

RE: Vhosts one more time